Thursday, April 10, 2008

Flowers! Delivered! I am So Happy! So Loved! So Blessed!

When I walked in the door yesterday around noon after running an errand, I was surprised by one of the loveliest sights ever! A beautiful bouquet of spring flowers in a vase.

"Who are these from?" I asked Sarah.

"I dunno. There's no name."

"Did Dad send them? He just brought me roses on Saturday. He wouldn't give me flowers twice in one week, would he?"

"No, I already called him. He said he wasn't him."

"Who could it be, then?"

There was a card with a very uplifting scripture, about the Lord rejoicing over me with singing. I love the word picture, and of course it's not just a picture, it's true because it's God's Word!

"Oh, who on earth knows how I've been feeling who would also spend money on me, and also know that flowers speak my love language!"

Paul thinks it's someone local because they're from the Greenery. I called one gal from my care group who might do such a thing (though others in that group might have) but she said it wasn't her.

I said it could be FTD via the Greenery, so someone NOT local.

"I could call the Greenery and find out," I said.

"Mom, obviously whoever sent them doesn't want you to know, they just want to bless you."

"That's true," I said, but the curiosity is killing this cat!

My husband asked, "Well, who is this other bouquet from?" pointing to the ones in a slender vase on the kitchen windowsill.

"Bonnie," I said. "She gave them to me Tuesday because she was in the store thinking of me."

Paul joked a little, "You should feel bad. I mean three bouquets in one week is a bit much, don't you think? Is it because you complain, complain, complain?"

"Maybe," I said, "but I choose to believe that I'm loved, loved, loved, thank you very much, even though I don't deserve it!" (He made that face that says "you got that right.")

Bonnie had told me she was thanking God that He gives us spring to follow winter, that He makes things grow they seem dead, that he actually gives new life where there wasn't any.
I had said, "And you know what a long winter of the soul I've had, don't you?" She laughed her loving, knowing laugh.

So I took pictures of my delivered flowers and have a hunch that maybe, just maybe, it was from one of my blogging friends who read the post I put up and took down the same day after feeling so vulnerable that I'd put it out there in the first place.

As it turns out, I had a very good day yesterday. It started out grey and dreary, like my spirit, but I was ready for a big change. Really ready. At 8 a.m., my usual quiet time, I followed the advice of Kay Arthur in Lord, Teach Me to Pray, for confessing sin and receiving it from God. "Make a list on paper of your sins, then write across it the words from I John 1:9....'If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.' Then tear up the paper and throw it away," she urged.

As I wrote down my sins (unbelief, fear, anger, selfishness, pride---probably 9 or 10 sins--I hoped the end of the list would come soon. I couldn't stand the ugliness. Mercifully, I "only" could think of two handfuls of sin, then I confessed them out loud. (No one was around.) I thought my chest would explode. I burst into tears and said,"Oh, Jesus, I can't bear them any more!"

And He gently said, "You don't have to. I already did."

"You already did!" I agreed, "I know. On the cross. I can't even deal with ten sins, but You---Thank You! Thank You!" Then I wept remorsefully on my sofa, not ashamed, but grateful, and then a sweet, sweet peace washed over me. My tears dried, my heart lightened, and I was free. "He whom the Son sets free is free indeed."

Then I felt a real spiritual lift.

Today the sun is shining in more ways than one and these flowers are such a tangible, fragrant reminder of God's love. If I had time to upload the pictures, I would., but I'm behind by about 300 shots!
'
If you are reading this and would now like me to know who you are (if indeed a blogger sent them) please email me. I assume you know me well enough to have my email address.

I love you and thank you for your kindess. I can't say it enough!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, don't email, tell us all! ;)

I'm so glad for your flowers and your spiritual lift!

Amy said...

how fun! we need to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

I wish i had thought of sending you flowers. I have been praying for you. It is so fun how God uses others to uplift our lives/spirits in seemingly simple things. Yay Flowers!!

Leanne said...

I'm with Karen - I wish I had thought of it! I love when God expresses his love for us through anonymous gifts like that.