Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Won! I Won!

Are you familiar with the "Ah--Um" game? Radio station WRBS plays it daily. The way it's played is this: the DJ gives you a topic and you have 20 seconds to talk about it (live! on air!) without saying "ah" or "um." So I was driving along to school and Sarah was with me when they asked for callers to try to win a CD by playing the game. She dialed, got through, handed me the phone, and I was chatting with Tracie Tiernan and Mike Alley.



I had to talk about why a Mac computer is clearly better than others.



I rattled on (a bunch of b.s., really) about how graphic artists and designers love them, how they store a lot of memory (don't they all?) and how I'd love to own one someday (not that I truly do, but I had to fill time).



Ever wonder if you can be put on the spot without saying "ah" or "um" for 20 whole seconds? It's a little challenging.

But I managed to do it and won a CD called "God of the City" with songs from Matt Redman, David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin, and others.



My 20 seconds of fame will air next Wednesday, I think around 8:05 or 8:10 a.m., but I'm not sure. Listen in to hear me making an idiot of myself on a topic I clearly know nothing about. Well, except that a laptop Mac makes a cool-looking, if a bit flat, birthday cake!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I recently won something on a blog, which was my first time winning something online.

BTW, Macs are clearly better than any other computer!! :)

Sacha said...

i listen ever day!!! i can't wait to hear you!!

Leanne said...

That's awesome! I had no idea they recorded them that far in advance. Learn something new every day! Too bad that's much later than I can listen.

That reminds me that Matt and I have an ongoing debate about whether you can call in to a Christian radio station and not use your real name. Maybe I'll do a blog post about it later.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could've passed the question on to all of my fellow bloggin' artists. You would've have worthy things to say about good ole Mac. Leanne, interesting question. I don't know. Tracie did ask me about my name, but I don't know if I was being recorded during that side chat. I think recording in advance has something to do w/ FCC regulations (the obligatory 7-second delay rule and all).

zo