Saturday, April 16, 2011

Continuing Where Project Simplify Left Off: You In?

Kelly at Through the Water noted that for every project like the ones we did for Project Simplify, there are at least five more we could do. Amen to that, sister! She asked me if I'd like to keep going, sort of buddy-up for more adventures in organization. Having a partner is always more fun and motivating for me than going alone, even if it's a virtual buddy. Sort of like Company Girls! Naturally I said "sure!'

My approach is going to include a bit of flexibility and creativity because our homes don't all have the exact same trouble areas. Stay tuned. I can tell you that choosing a "hot spot" (Tsh's term)
will be as easy as ABC.

Since I have clutter aplenty to mortify (not manage), I will pick areas pertinent to my place and let you pick according to yours, but roughly all doing the same thing: improving our homes by decluttering.


I'll pick areas for the next two weeks in April and then I will ask Kelly to pick two for May. A ping-pong thing. We will conclude by Memorial Day and reward ourselves with something. I don't know what, but something! Does this sound like something you need or want to do? Whether you want to devote one hour or five days, it will be an accomplishment, right ?

I will also try to borrow Kelly's wise habit of including a Bible verse that helps her focus on what is more important than the physical labor of housekeeping.

Simple rules if you want to play:

1. You must post at least one "before" shot and one "after" shot to link up. Post on your blog.
2. You must finish by Friday.
3. Post by Sunday , 9 PM EST and leave a comment here so we can find you and your progress!

I'll announce Monday morning where we're starting. Meanwhile, make sure you have a trash bag, a give-away bag, an Elsewhere box, and a Keep box, along with pen and paper.

If you want to join, give a holler in the comment box. Love to have you along for the organizational ride.

1 comment:

KellyC said...

Sounds like a good plan. See you tomorrow.