Sunday, April 24, 2011

U if for Umph-less

Searching for a memory that started with "u" was tough. I was going to do "ubiquitous," as in my overflow of memories seemingly everywhere at once. Also thought about "uber cute," which describes the photos of my children way back when.

But those posts won't happen right now.

I will keep this post simple, since I am drained in many ways . Depression is a beast. Suffice this to say : I used to be happy, I used to enjoy my home, I used to love being with people, and I used to look forward to completing projects and stuff. Now I have no "umph"to write a thoughtful or funny post. I'm umph-less. My head is foggy, my heart poisonous. Not a good time to post.

6 comments:

Joywriter said...

Hi, Zoanna,
I have been reading through the Psalms, and it just struck me last night how David brought ALL his emotions to the Lord. Joy, fear, anger, complaints, sorrow, praise... you name it. That encouraged me to take my recent stress, irritation and insecurities to Him. Also to remember to thank Him for the good stuff even when I'm feeling less-than-good.
Anyway, I hope that as you take Him your drained state & your "Umph-lessness," you will feel Him lift the burden for you. Love and hugs to you!

Kelly C said...

Hi, Z,
Praying with you through this. You are not alone because He is with you and you have many real friends and many blog friends who care about you and want good things for you.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than being down "in the dumps"...hang in....things will get better.
thanks for dropping in on thefeatherednest

Rachelle said...

I just want to echo Kelly. I was thinking about you last night and praying that a tidal wave of God's love wash over you. You are loved.

Zoanna said...

Thanks, friends. That means a lot.

Laurie said...

Zo- I KNOW whatcha mean... "Umph-less" is such a good description. I "U"sually use a "w" word (Weary) to describe the slump, but how appropriate is "umph-less"! Oh may the Lord turn our umph-lessness into joyfulness and "gumption-ness"! Blessings!