Friday, July 22, 2011

I've Lost that Scrubbin' Feeling


Normally on Fridays I'm Hoppin' Around with a cleaning rag, some Pledge, Windex, and Pine Sol.

But not today. I woke up thinking about cleaning my house, when suddenly an old Beatles' tune phrase popped into my head: "Let it be, oh, let it be." So I'm just gonna let it be.

Okay, maybe I'll mop the floor because there's some sticky orange juice in front of the fridge. (It's causing a lot of pulp friction.) I keep hearing strains of "Stuck on You." But nah, I won't mop. Every time I do, it ends up killing my back. I Twist and Shout, "Doctor, Doctor!"

I was thinking about going for a walk, but was arrested by a tune: Stop in the Name of Love.

When I look in the mirror, I Can't Get No Satisfaction. Is it worth getting All Shook Up?

My golden retriever pup really gives me those Sad Eyes if I don't take time out to play with him. Why do I fall for his manipulation? He Ain't Nothing But a Hound Dog.

Why is it so hard to get my caboose to do the Locomotion? I Keep Dreaming that One Fine Day all my laundry will be washed, dried, folded, hung up, pressed, and put away all by itself. That'll Be the Day.

7 comments:

krista said...

so silly...now you've managed to plant a few songs in my head for the rest of the day.

Amy said...

:) I never had that scrubbin' feeling, unfortunately...seems mine was permanently misplaced!

keep thinking of you after discovering a new podcast this week: Grammar Girl. :)

Zoanna said...

Amy, my scrubbin' feeling comes and goes. Mostly goes. What is the link to that Grammar Girl podcast? Sounds like fun.

Rachel Anne said...

Girl, You Really Got Me Goin'. I'm so Dizzy, My Head is Spinning! I don't know how you managed to put so many song titles into one clever post!!! I'm going to have to up my game. :)

I'm NOT CLEANING until my neat-freak husband comes home....ha! Nice to know you're with me on that.

Anonymous said...

I should have saved your post for tomorrow morning to read because now I can't sleep with all that in my head. This week I had VBS song in there. So, it's not that I didn't have that scrubbin' feeling, I didn't have time for scrubbin'. Didn't any of us do any scrubbin' this week? =p

Joyce said...

Ha...very clever!

Latest technology news said...

Good and nice information post. Thanks for sharing this post.