Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sin & Broccoli ( A Repost, Edited)

"I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me." I Cor. 4:4

It's an eloquent way of saying, "Just because I don't see my sin doesn't mean I'm innocent." Being blind to my sin doesn't mean it's not there; even the fact that no one points it out doesn't mean it's invisible.

It's kind of like having broccoli between your teeth that you can't feel. Suddenly you smile and everyone else knows what you had for dinner.

God, please hand me the mirror of your Word and/or a bold person to tell me whenever I have broccoli in the teeth of my life.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Do you ever feel like when it comes to broccoli between our teeth, we'd rather "put up with", ignore or pretend it doesn't exist than to deal with it in ourselves or others? (I have noticed that the Holy Spirit doesn't hold back when it comes to boldly and lovingly revealing broccoli in the teeth of our lives!)

Latest technology news said...

Good and best information post. Thanks for sharing this post.