Saturday, January 07, 2012

Marti tagged me in a post on her blog. This is a fun way to get acquainted, so won't you please play along?
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
4. Cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tag­ging sec­tion about ‘you are tagged if you are read­ing
this.’ Blah blah blah, you legit­i­mately have to tag 11 peeps!
Here are Marti's questions and my answers:
1. Where do you like to vacation? Myrtle Beach, SC, has been a family favorite, but if I could choose, we'd go somewhere different every time.
2. Do you have pets? Yes, a spunky Golden Retriever who turns two this month.
3. What is your favorite color? purple
4. How many are in your family? 6
5. What is your least favorite thing to do? It's a toss-up between decluttering (I hate the decision overload, but I like the results) and exercising. (I hate to sweat, but it's the only way to get results.)
6. What is your most favorite thing to do? Another toss-up between teaching and blogging.
7. If money were no object, what would you like to do when you retire? Travel the world both for leisure and doing short-term missions trips.
8. What is your favorite season? Fall.
9. What book are you currently reading? The Water Giver
10.What time do you go to bed, get up in the morning? Go to bed between 10 and 1 , get up between 7 and 7:30 on weekdays, 8-8:30ish on weekends.
11.How long have you been blogging? Since January of 2005, so seven years. Can that possibly be right? It's all Laurie R's fault for getting me started!!!
Here are 11 random things about me:
1. I drive with my left arm tucked between the seat and the door most of the time.
2. I notice line and design everywhere I go.
3. People who know me call me a Grammar Queen, or Grammar Guru, or Grammar Nazi. I prefer "Queen" and choose to think of it as a term of endearment.
4. I crack my knuckles and neck multiple times a day.
5. Flying is a thrill to me. I love taking off, landing, hanging out in airports, seeing new places, meeting new people and reconnecting with old people, and by old I mean "ones I already know"!
6. I need a dental implant on the Lower East Side.
7. I have never been to New York City, and it's only few hours away.
8. My old dog died a year ago today, and I still miss her terribly sometimes.
9. These days I spend a lot time dreaming about becoming a grandmother. I hope I'm a good one.
10. I would rather have a pedicure than a manicure any day.
11. I would love to take a painting class. I've never had art lessons, but I teach art to middle schoolers. Ironic?
Next are my 11 questions for my tag-ees.
1. How long has it been since your last dental visit?
2. What was the best day for you in 2011?
3. What was the worst day for you in 2011?
4. If you could trade places with anyone for a week, who would it be, and why?
5. What drives you crazy in your home?
6. Who is the kindest person you know?
7. Do you have a nickname? Care to share?
8. Would you rather eat most of your meals at home, or in a restaurant?
9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
10. What's the last thing someone did to "make your day"?
11. What's your favorite decade, whether in your life or in your history studies?
Tag-ees: (Please don't feel you have to participate if that is unwelcome pressure, but consider my invitation as a "thinking of you" card today.)
Amy K
Briana A
Laurie R
Laurie H
Danielle J
AuburnChick
Joyce
Lea
Sarah Z
Susan K
Kelly C

2 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Greetings, Zoanna! I have never been to SC, but I would love to go!

I must think about the new questions for a day, but I will see what I come up with.

Can I tag LESS than 11 people?? Let me know.

Hope the New Year is going well for you. I am so happy to be over the holidays!

Danielle said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I'll do this if I have time this week. Yesterday was my "blog day" and I had some posts I wanted to get written. I only designate one day for blogging these days, so if I can squeeze it in, I will. :)