Friday, February 15, 2013

A 911 Valentine and a Last Walk and a Moving On

I have tried several times to start this,  but it's too long, too emotional, and I just don't know what to say to put it all in a box and wrap a bow around it for a blog post.  

 I realized I can't, and I will post each "event" separately, next time I can process. Right now I'm too tired and scattered.

Many of my Facebook friends and family have been 'in the know" because of my updates, but here, in a nutshell, is what has happened.

My husband was taken by ambulance from work to the hospital on Wednesday. He thought he might have had a heart attack, but all tests have ruled that out.  He is alive and well, and home, and that's the brief version.  He came home today.

But yesterday I had to say final goodbyes to Brownie.  It was heart-wrenching, and I never would have chosen to do that on Valentine's Day, but after much prayer, counsel, and crying, I took her to the vet.  We are all at peace about the decision, and now she is at peace, too.

And coming up? Our daughter moves out this weekend. 

A Triple Whammy of a week, but so many answered prayers and countless graces have been part of all the sadness.  I feel buoyed, relieved, immensely grateful, and can tell you with complete peace, it is well with my soul.

 

3 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, that is a triple Whammy but sounds as if you are coming through it all on top. There have been so many times in my life when I just did not know if I could possibly handle one more "event" but God always gives me just what I need when I need it. I pray it will be a calm weekend in spite of the fact that your daughter is moving out. Blessings my friend!

Joyce said...

I was away this weekend so only caught bits and pieces of your hubs story. So glad he is home...do they know the cause of his troubles?

I'm sorry about your pup. There is just never a good time to do it, and perhaps down the road you'll think of her on Valentine's Day and remember the good as opposed to this day.

Take care. You have a lot on your emotional plate right now!

Beth Zimmerman said...

typed a long comment and blogger ate it ;(

sorry about Brownie ... delighted about your hubby!