Sunday, January 07, 2007

Gold Nuggets: Things God Has Shown Me Lately

Since my last post was on myrrh, this will be on gold, or the valuable things God has shown me from His Word lately. Perhaps a theme will emerge, perhaps not. This is probably going to be a random list of bullet points slightly developed, but I hope something resonates from God's Spirit within yours.



  • Dec 22, 2006.....Favor and Union , Zech 11: 7 "I shall become the shepherd of the flock doomed to be slaughtered by the sheep traders. And I took two staffs and named them Favor and Union. ...And I tended the sheep." Thank You, Lord Jesus, for having favor on me and bringing me into Union with the Father. You ARE my Good Shepherd. You look out for me in every way.
  • Dec 24, 2006....Malachi 1/ Priest Polluted Offerings. Give the best you have to the Lord. Don't withhold the best. Don't be lazy with your gifts and resources. For me the application: work as unto the Lord, not for Paul's or anyone else's notice. Work early. Right after Bible reading get busy at home. Make provision of good nutrition a priority. Malachi 3. I always hear verse 10 (""test me and see if I won't open the storehouses of heaven and pour down a blessing...) but I don't recall verse 11. "I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil.' Father, I thank You that I have seldom struggled to tithe and give offerings. Help me to remember that not only will you pour out a blessing, You will also rebuke the Devourer. It's part of the favor I have by being in union with you. I don't fight my own battles. I am in the battle against sin and self daily, but You, Good Shepherd, like David in front of my Goliaths of doubt, anxiety, greed, laziness, unbelief, fight before me, behind me, around me, always there.
  • Malachi 4 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord." Father, I never took this literally, never did it grab my attention. You will do as you say and there you say you'll send us Elijah before You return. I believe it! I believe you took him up just as you said--and I believe you'll return him as you said. He will "turn the hearts of the fathers to their children" and vice versa."
  • Dec 28m, 2006 Psalm 106:12-13 & 24-25... (vs 12 Then they believed His words and sang praise; vs 13 But they soon forgot His works, they did not wait for His counsel. " Vs 24 and 25 "Then they despised the pleasant land, having no faith in His promise, They murmured in their tents and did not obey the voice of the Lord. " They had it. I have it. All of Christ's followers are afllicted with it: Spiritual Bipolar Disorder I can manic in my praise and worship in the early morning, but by the time I'm clearing the breakfast dishes I'm murmuring in my tent, forgetting what I had learned at Your feet or in Your lap!

Sometimes I want to serve to make others happy.

Other times to be served in return.

Sometimes I feel overcome by Your abundant provision.

Other times I complain about all I think I lack. .

Sometimes I am very aware that my body is Your temple.

Other times I treat it as if it is my own.

Sometimes I remember I am here but for a moment and want to be about my Father's business.

Other times I sit and squander the hours you've apportioned me.

Sometimes I spew gossip and hatred.

Other times I protect everyone from it with fierce love and loyalty.

Sometimes I think I am the message.

Other times I am positively sure I am just the messenger.

Sometimes I want to be everyone's savior.

Other times I remember there in Only One and that is You, Lord.

Sometimes I think, "It can't get any better than this."

Other times I think, "It won't get any better than this."

Before the dagger of condemnation could penetrate my spirit and spiral me down, my Gentle Warrior quickly warded it off with a whisper of truth:

Whether you are on the North Pole or the South, I have removed your transgressions as far as the East is from the West."

Father, I recommit my will you You. Train me to think on what is lovely, pure, of good report, et cetera. Bring me back to You with a short rein in 2007. I want to be more diligent in the roles you've called mt to --wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, teacher. "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how is the Daniel Diet going?