Friday, January 05, 2007

Myrrh

I've always wondered about myrrh. Not only is my middle name, Marie, derived from this word, the spice is something I've never seen--until now.

My new Christian blogger friend, Renee, who lives in France (is the Lord giving me two reasons to travel to Europe?) and is a pastor's wife with a gift for cross-stitching scenes from the Bible, has posted an answer to my questions about myrrh.

In case the link doesn't work, try Renee's blog at www.bibleenbroderie.com. No blogspot, no wordpress, just dot com. Don't let it fool ya! You will see French first. Scroll down till you get to the English words in red. You'll see a picture of myrrh first, which is nothing like what I pictured.


Thanks, Renee, for the bit of education you've given me today!

Zoanna Marie

2 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Renée IS a special lady!! She just sent me a charm for our galette des Rois (I want to bake it myself like last year, but I gave the charm from last year to my little sister). She included a mini-book full of inspirational quotes related to Psalm 23. I just received her package and it has blessed my weekend. I didn't know she was a pastor's wife!

How is Zo Z's Cozies going?

As for your previous post, whatever you are most inspired to post about will be fine by me! I know I shall enjoy it :)

Renee said...

I was very surprised to see your loving words and your link to my blog. Thank you so much for all this. I already got a comment from the States, through your blog I guess. it's Sunday evening here already. Gos bless you and your beloved ones for all the coming week.