Thursday, March 13, 2008

How do I...

get my name to link to this blog, rather than to my old "Penchant for Pens" blog?


-relearn to communicate my wants and wishes without yelling? Whether it's obedience from a little one, attention on what I deem an important matter from my hubby, or anyone in my family, I tend to raise my voice much, much too quickly. It's a bad habit, yet I don't see that anyone really takes me seriously unless I get loud. Than they want to shut down. I wish I was only 22 asking this question.


-make a great, thick, spaghetti sauce? I love ground beef, and don't care for ground turkey. I also put the emphasis on THICK. I don't like thin sauce. To be quite honest, I love Ragu, just about any variety, but I want to learn to make my own really good sauce. Got a recipe that would fill this bill?

--change my family room so that I like it? I have been harping on this one for way too long. Paul is not ready (YET!) to invest in change, so I feel stuck. REally stuck. I don't feel like the room reflects my personality (or maybe it does which is why I am not liking it). I am not content or relaxed in it. Love the color (sage green) and the curtains I put up right after Thanksgiving, but they were for warmth and now i need it light and airy. That's about it.

--take a blogging break seriously? I am always drawn back to the hum of the computer, always wanting to check in with my virtual homies.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I have no answers to any of these, except maybe the first one. Do you mean your Blogger profile--like when you comment on other people's blogs--links to your old blog? As long as you are using the same account for this blog, that should be a simple fix, I think. Go to your Dashboard and click "edit profile"--then you can click "select blogs to display" and check or uncheck which ones you want to point to.

Does that help? lmk if I'm not understanding the problem correctly :)

Anonymous said...

Oprah just had a decorating special on today. They had a whole section on updating the look of your living room. If you check the website, you may find some good ideas, I don't know.

Zoanna said...

Did this do the trick? If so, thanks in advance, Amy!

Vicki said...

Regarding the spaghetti sauce... you can take your favorite sauce (Ragu - I use Prego) and just add some tomato paste until it is the thickness you like. Some people also add brown sugar or regular sugar to it. You could add splenda. I mix in either sausage or mix equal amounts of lean ground been and ground turkey together and then add to sauce.

Sacha said...

Zo- for you living room. I'll come help you fueng shui it! I love LOVE LOVE to rearrange things. Even if you can't redecorate just a little moving around helps a room alot! I used to stay up to all hours rearranging my room! Now with the hard wood, I can't move things because it scratches the floor. SHH don't tell dad, he'd flip!

Also, for a blogging break. Let me tell you first hand that it is hard! One thing that I have seen that helps me is to think of my end goal and why i am taking a break. A practical tip might be to put a note on your computer (BIG note) that says NO BLOGS ALLOWED with the end date? Or have someone keep you accountable with this. I think that Paul and Sarah would def be able to help you here!!

Anonymous said...

as far as the blogging break is concerned, I think because you enjoy it and you most likely bless other people by blogging...and that you find it interesting, it's a hobby and we like reading your blogs; etc, etc, etc I really don't see why you need this break. If you are spending too much time on it, just try and set a timer when you get online. My advice is to not try and get away from it completely as that will make it way too hard, rather limit yourself.

I have a similar personality that you have, Zo, so I am speaking from experience. I really don't think you need to take a huge break, just try to have self-control when on the computer, you know? Maybe that's not the problem, I don't know, but it's the only answer I have right now for you :-) As you know, blogging in itself isn't bad, it's just that wasting time all day long can be bad and hard to live with. Just try and limit yourself :-)

Amy said...

it worked; glad to help!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Zo, thought I would give you my spaghetti recipe.
The sauce - 1 cup tomato sauce or soup
-1 can cream mushroom soup, diluted only with a little water to mix better
-cumin
-1 Tbl Italian seasoning
-onion, powder, not salt
-2 Tbl chili powder
-pepper
-garlic powder
- cook for several hours with 1# browned ground beef and enough water to make a decent sauce.
When ready to eat add the cooked spaghetti.
This recipe is about 40 or so years old at our house.
Betty G

Kristin said...

I can't help with anything but the blog break - but I know something that helped me when I found myself wanting to break from Instant Messaging in college was not just giving it up for a certain amount of time, but also being proactive in planning other things to do instead. I found I was more intentional during those times to call people, invite people over, pick up a good book, go for a walk ect...because I knew I wouldn't be getting on the computer. But I had to plan for it. But I agree with Sacha...it helps to have a definite end date in sight.

Zoanna said...

Thanks, everyone, for your good and varied answers to my crazy bag of questions. I will give serious thought and maybe action to all of them.