Saturday, March 08, 2008

SOLD!

A happy ending to a happy week. This was quite a surprise blessing. Over a month ago we listed Sarah's old car on Craigslist. (When I say "we" I don't mean "me"; I wouldn't have listed it for as high a price as Paul did). We only got 1 call and 2 emails on it back then.

However, last night a man called--the same one who called a month ago--and asked if we still had it. He came today and bought it. Paul did a great job negotiating with him (while I was shopping at JoAnn's) but I had to come home and sign over the title.

I was feeling very uneasy about the whole thing as I drove home because Sarah had called me at JoAnn's to say the guy was trying to really lowball us (as in a grand less than we wanted to go) and so I phoned the church as I drove, hoping to ask a pastor for prayer. No one was in the office, so I called a friend who prayed for us over the phone. I felt peace before I walked in the door and met the man. He was very friendly and easygoing. All of the tension I had felt melted away as we shook hands. I was a bit taken aback at the price on paper (too low) but I didn't question it in front of Paul.

The three of us drove three different cars in the pouring rain quite a ways to a muffler place where the guy would do the inspection on Monday. Paul and I drove home together in the van and he informed me the guy is a mechanic so he was the perfect buyer, able to see for himself what the car needed, even though Paul told him every problem we had encountered. The guy wanted the car for X dollars and Paul wanted X plus 300, so he sold him the car for X and the CD changer in it for 300. Made everyone happy.

We are grateful to God that we didn't have the hassle of relisting the car, screening calls, setting up appointments to show it when Paul's here (for safety reasons), and the guy was a mechanic, and he wasn't nasty but he gave Paul a chance to use his marketing skills. We won't have to carry insurance on it anymore or have it take up space in our already crowded driveway. We were so tickled about it we went on a spontaneous date to celebrate!

As I said, when it rains, it pours. Blessings!

No comments: