Sunday, December 21, 2008

What a Carpenter Does

Mitzy, a friend and part-time teacher, took charge of setting up a mock TV show as the 3rd/4th grade Christmas party activity at school. She had assigned each of the six students a part in her BNN (Bethlehem Network News) production. The parts were: Mary, Joseph, two shepherds, an angel, and a reporter.

Mitzy rolled the tape while the reporter interviewd the Holy Couple.

Reporter: So, Mary, what brings you to Bethlehem?
Mary: I'm here to give birth to Jesus, God's only Son.
Reporter: (turning to Joseph) What brings you here?
Joseph: I'm here for the census and to pay taxes.
Reporter: What kind of job do you have?
Joseph: I'm a carpenter.
Reporter: What exactly do you do?
Joseph: I lay carpet.



Mitzy tried not to jiggle the camera as she giggled. A (I told this story to a carpenter named Brian in our church. He laughed,"A carpenter lays carpet. Makes sense to me!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe my carpenter husband needs to start laying carpet then?