Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I need you! Calling all Artists and Prayer Personnel

If you can envision a very large tomb and a stone on the stage of our church, crafted by diligent hands and some cardboard and paint, or whatever! please call me! I was approached yesterday to either draw or paint or build or whatever I could dream up and do ...basically commissioned by the Lord via one of the pastors (because I teach art) to come up with this by Friday. Yes, this Friday. Good Friday.



I hashed out some ideas, but then reminded him I was hired for my willingness, not my talent. I am better at art appreciation than application, and by God's grace can lead children to produce art. But as for myself? Oy! Before the conversation ended, however, I had said these words:



"I'll either do it or delegate it, but you can cross it off your list as done."



Wow.



What a dummy I can be. I came home and told Paul about it, and when I said, "I told him you are really more the artist, " he started shaking his head.



"Passover Tuesday night, I'm in Charlotte all day Wednesday, I can't do it."



"But you want to!" I encouraged (for lack of a worse verb).



Please pray and if you have ideas let me know ASAP! I have to teach this afternoon and then go to a seder tongiht. (Believe me, the more I look online for pictures to inspire, the bigger the tomb gets and I think I should just write my epitaph).



If you would like to lift this project right out of my hands, I would kiss you square on the lips, I'm that desperate. I would not be offended in the LEAST, if you said, "Love to do it." Just don't tell me Thursday. Tell me today! I need LOTS of cardboard and whatever else I can make look like
a first-century tomb.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Remember. Jesus is risen!!!
So be of good cheer.
I am praying.
I wish I could tell ya that, "Oh! I did this just last year. Here's what to do." But that is not the case.
I'm gonna pray now and since Mike is close, he'll beseech with me.

zz said...

Thanks, Laurie and Mike. I so much appreciate your fiahful intercession.

zz said...

Fiahful? That's how I spell w/o my glasses on.

Laurie said...

I love being involved even if it's from afar!