Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Waaa. He Said, "Naaa."

All good things must come to an end, they say. I think we've come to the end of the Tooth Fairy fantasy. Actually, I think it was on the verge of collapse when Joel lost a tooth a few months ago, when the dollar he found under his pillow bore a striking resemblance to the old wadded up greenback he saw on his daddy's dresser the night before.

So about a week ago, Joel's next tooth was giving him fits to the point he asked me to pull it so he could finish his cereal. It slid right out with a napkin (which I find utterly disgusting, blood or no blood, just the thought of pulling bone from another human's flesh--ick!) Anyway, I pulled it and said,

"Joel, do you want to rinse this tooth off and stick it under your pillow tonight for the Tooth Fairy?"

Apparently I am the only dummy left playing this game. He cocked his head sideways, smirked, furrowed his brow, and replied,

"Naaa. I'll just ask Dad for a dollar."

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Too cute!!

Laurie said...

Ha! I remember the last Tooth Fairy Scenario. We forgot! So the tooth was still under the pillow in the morning!! No big surprise to our daughter though. She just brought her tooth out and said, "I think the Tooth Fairy forgot about my tooth. Maybe I could get some money anyway, Dad!?" We gave her some money since we forgot and for celebrating the end of an era!