Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Gratitude List, Feb. 23-March 7, 2010


I'm a little behind. (Better than being a big behind, right?) So here goes. Giving thanks to God that...


-Paul takes Joel to school every day except Thursday, when Sarah does
-Kelly and Cheryl did some of my laundry and Leanne let us use her washer
-laundromat and the rolled quarters on hand that made it pretty easy
-getting expired gifts card in the mail for my art project
-Sarah made dinner on a night I was tired and unmotivated

-Biz Town interviews/nervous students who were cute
-the boy who rolled my towels with excellence after they were clean
-comfy pillow
-a student saying that "Mrs. Zubrowski prays when she doesn't know what to do"
-hearing my Joel count by 3's with ease

-"hard pressed on every side, but not crushed"
-Pastor Arie's timely appearance just when I needed his counsel on the spot
-grace to deliver disappointing news
-grace to accept that news
-Lawrence's readiness to pray for my stressed, traveling hubby

-hot school lunches
-our church is not therapy-centric
-courage for Zach C as he was deployed to Afghanistan
-courage for Zach's family
-opportunity to pray with a despondent friend while she drove

-creative writers in class
-students who get along
-helpful salespeople in a slow economy
-confirmation about a difficult decision
-Sarah's solo trip to BB's at night, of her own volition

-Kelly's granola recipe (best I ever had)
-means to purchase a new washing machine
-freedom from spiritual debt which I've had for 33 years
-freedom from financial debt which I've had for 1 year
-Stephen's hard work at Youth Advance, of his own volition

-joy of using our new washing machine (pictured above)
-Jimmy's message : "sacrifice should sting"
-seeing Sarah refreshed by her friend Hannah
-opportunities for hospitality
-subsequent opportunities to die to self




-

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I want to tell you that I lOVE my front loader (mine is whirpool duet). I can get SO much laundry done in 1 load! and not that you're looking for advice, but with mine I have to let the washer dry out when not in use-I just leave the door open. If not it gets a musty odor and I have heard of people having mold around the door seal.

Zoanna said...

Thanks for the reminder. Paul did tell me the manual said to leave the door open. It goes against my grain to leave doors ajar, but mold goes even more against my grain. Ew. Thanks again. I probably need to go check to see that it's open now:0.

Laurie said...

Praise God for His blessings!!