Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yard Sale for Uganda

My friend Bonnie is trying to raise money for a missions trip to Uganda. She is about 2/3 of the way there financially. I remember how much it meant to me to have my care group bolster my coffers with a huge yard sale back in 2007 when Sarah and I needed money to go with GAIN to Russia .We raised close to $900 at that sale. Crazy good!

With that in mind, I am holding a yard sale this Saturday and trying to rally my new care group on Bonnie's behalf. (This is not the same bunch of folks; things get switched up at our church from time to time.)

I am also taking this short break at the computer to let you know in case you're not on Facebook to please:

-pray that donations and sales would be a loaves-and-fishes testimony since I'm not on a busy street in my community. Customers have not typically driven down in droves.

-pray that the forecast of "75 degrees and sunny" holds!

-shop if you're local (donations are tax deductible and payable to Covenant Mercies and given to Bonnie)

-make baked goods to sell (crumb cake, sliced and ready to go, sold very well; cookies or finger foods to eat with coffee or lemonade)

- sit with us an hour or so, and/or help us at the end haul the leftovers to Goodwill

-forget the middleman and write out a check to Covenant Mercies and send it my way. I 'll pass it on to Bonnie for ya.

Thanks! Now back to the hunting and gathering and cleaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited/jealous for the opportunity Bonnie has! We won't be around this weekend, but plan on committing some funds towards Bonnie's trip the next time we see her!