Monday, December 20, 2010

Crab Mousse --er, Reindeer




Whoever said, "Don't play with your food" could not have had much imagination. Playing with food is nothing short of downright fun!

For our care group Christmas party last week, I wanted to take a crab dip that I remembered a friend making some 10-12 years ago for a party. Certain recipes are just unforgettable. This is one. So, thanks to Facebook, I was able to contact her and she gave me her recipe for Crab Mousse. I wasn't going to do much more than garnish it with red leaf lettuce and grape tomatoes, but once I realized I had some green peppers, garbanzo beans, and broccoli on hand, well...I couldn't help but play with my food.

Here's the recipe.




Sharon Mueller's Crab Mousse


CRAB MOUSSE
Heat together in a sauce pan: 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (undiluted)
6 oz. cream cheese
1 med. grated onion
To this mixture, add 1 envelope unflavored gelatin which has been dissolved in 1/4 c. boiling water. Then add 1/2 c. mayonnaise and 1 1/4 tsp. Old Bay. Add 1 lb. crab meat. Stir well and pour into greased mold. Chill until ready to serve.

2 comments:

freedom journey said...

This is so cute!

Laurie said...

Oh yum!!! And so cute and festive! Keep playing with your food! ; )