Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Gift Bags for Sarah's Kindergartners

Sarah worked really hard this semester and completed her student teaching in a kindergarten class at a public school. She absolutely loved the whole experience, and grew to love the students in short order. It was easy for her to understand now how teachers get attached and emotional at the end of a year.

I came home one evening last week to find 15 cute gift bags on the table, some pink, some blue. Each one was decorated with either a snowman (for each girl) or mitten (for each boy). Gifties for her kiddoes. She stuffed each bag with goodies from the dollar store. My favorite was the crazy straw. I loved crazy straws as a kid! She also got some Bath & Body stuff for the mentor teacher. (Pay no attention to the other crap on the table and counters; I wasn't shooting for a magazine and this is my real life house where real people leave egg nog and Star Wars plates and empty soda bottles on the table.)

She stamped the snowmen on, using a sponge and paint. The mittens were peel-and-stick jobbies. I was so impressed with her thoughtfulness and the fun way she always puts things together. She was born to be an early elementary ed teacher! God has gifted her with a love
for little kids, for learning, and for giving--a winning combo. (And one of her teachers emailed her and said that she is the first student ever to have earned a perfect grade in her class!) Can you tell I'm just a bit over the moon about my daughter?






1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh! What Adorable Cuteness!!! I want to
be in Sarah's class!