Monday, December 06, 2010

Surprised by Red

About two weeks ago, I started wanting a poinsettia. A red one. (Poinsettias were part of my wedding bouquet, so I'm partial to them.) I saw on Facebook that some of my friends had been finding one on their porch, delivered by a secret someone. That would be so much fun, I thought. And then I promptly forgot about it.

Until...

A normal Saturday found me putzing around the house, but I happened to glance out the window. Lo and behold, there was a red poinsettia gracing my front porch step! A surprise from the same secret someone? What a blessing! I immediately scooped it up and was so delighted that I began at once to decorate my dining room around it. I clipped fresh greens from my garden and took a white soup tureen from my hutch and promptly placed the potted poinsettia in prime proximity to my pupils.

Whoever did this truly thoughtful gesture for me, and if you happen to be reading this, thank you!!!! You made my day, my week, my month! I am such a sucker for fresh flowers and little surprises!!!!





2 comments:

Danielle said...

What a sweet thing to do!!!

Laurie said...

A beautiful surprise blessing!! Everything looks so comforting and festive! God bless you, my friend!