Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Coconut Pie Disaster: A Poem


A repost from Thursday, November 24, 2011

 

Sure hope this is just a repost, and not a replay, this week.  

 


Pie Gone Awry: My Thanksgiving Poem

On Wednesday night I put a pie in the oven
It's hubby's favorite and a way I show lovin'.
I set the timer and then shut the door
While Sarah took a mop to the kitchen floor.

A half hour later, I went to check progress
But the pie slipped and dumped quite a mess.
"Oh, no-no-no-NO! Gooey coconut paste
All over the door and racks, what a waste!

Determined to salvage at least part of the pie
I gingerly slid it back in, "Worth a try."
Baked it for thirty more minutes or so,
Then I checked again, and whaddya know?

All was not lost--the dessert was redeemed--
But the mess in my oven has got me steamed.
I can be such a klutz, but why on Great Pie Day?
Guess who'll be scraping black yuck on Black Friday?





2 comments:

Susan Kane said...

OH NO! What a mess! I feel your pain, girl.

Anonymous said...

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!


[url=http://cheapnfljerseys168.totalh.net/]NFL Jerseys[/url]



[url=http://louisvuittonhandbags8.is-great.net/]lv bags[/url]