Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Tablescape Prep

Creating the tablescape is my favorite part of holiday decorating.  Flowers are my friends, and I just love color. I'm loving the golds and reds of the season this year more than ever before, for some reason. They inspired the purchase of a new tablecloth recently.  The tablecloth inspired my napkin choices, and Pinterest inspired the "envelopes" (hiding the silverware, a special set from my grandmother). 




(That's glare, not crud, on the fork and spoon; I checked.)
Today I was in the grocery store and was choosing flowers, when I noticed a bunch sitting in a jar of cranberries--fresh cranberries.
Then on Pinterest I saw a bunch of flowers resting in a mason jar filled with lemons. I decided to combine the two ideas, keeping the flower purchase to $8 and shopping my house for the other stuff.

I had the glasses already tied with yellow bows from some other occasion.  And I had the cranberries and lemons because I'll be using them in recipes.




And I got a harebrained idea to make this tray at 2:30 in the morning.   I painted it a year ago but chose tonight, of all nights, to cut out magazine foods and Mod Podge them on.  I might or might not actually use this serving tray on Thanksgiving, but at least it's ready.

 
And finally, I found this idea on Pinterest. The apples are real. So is the paper, and the people whose names are written thereon. Looking forward to having a dozen folks around the table soon.
 

2 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, hats off to you! Those flower arrangements are the cutest! I'll have to tuck that away to use one day. And, the place cards, how cute!! You have outdone yourself and I know your family will so appreciate it. Thanksgiving blessings!

Laurie said...

Fun and lovely touches to your family Thanksgiving!
Blessings to you and yours!