3 Gifts that Made You Laugh
223. Tim Hawkins (Christian comedian) asking the audience, "Any Mormons out there tonight?" (Looks around.) "I didn't think so. I didn't see any bikes parked out front. I did pass one on his way here. He's probably still out there, pedaling, turning around , "Come on, we're gonna be late, honey...honey...honey...." "That joke was worth the price of admission right there. You know it was!"
224. Explaining to my youngest son the meaning of "planned obsolescence" while waiting for my iron to heat up. It was taking forever, and I was saying how things just aren't made like they used to be. That's not all bad, I was saying. We need things to be replaced so that people have to spend money and stimulae the economy and keep other people employed. Blah, blah, blah. I tapped on the iron. cold. Looked for a blue light. Not on. Then I checked the outlet. I didn't have the correct cord plugged in ! Duh. I told him my brain is becoming obsolete, but it wasn't planned that way.
225. A set of sarcastic "mom magnets" sent by a friend in Colorado. One of them is a mom's face all snarled up as she asks, "COOK? You mean you want to eat EVERY night?"
A Gift Sweet, Salty, Just Right
226. Cinnamon roll
227. Chicken tortilla soup
228. matzo crackers
3 Gifts Found in His Word
231. ancestors I can relate to
3 Gifts Found in Women Today
232. wisdom of their age
233. energy in their youth
3 Gifts Almost Gone
235. shampoo in the bathroom
236. winter (for that I will be very thankful!)
237. my husband's gout
A Gift Sung, Written, Painted
238. a parody of the West Side Story song, "When You're a Jet"; this was "When You're in Debt"
on my favorite radio show, A Prairie Home Companion
239. a 14-page letter from a friend (snail mail !)
240. my daughter's room and bathroom at her new place (painted and organized by a team--her dad, me, her friend-since-birth Hannah, her little brother and herself). The colors of the rooms were inspired by this bedding...
242. "Dad, can you help me _____________ (put this thing together?) (change my car battery?) (do my taxes?) (hang this curtain rod?") followed by a yes.
243. "These crab cakes turned out good. Really good!"
244. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."