Friday, October 26, 2007

Bread Pudding Recipe, Anyone?

Paul wants me to make bread pudding soon. In 20 years of marriage, I've never made it. Can you believe it?

I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Bread Pudding in the lastest issue of Guideposts, which he saw , but preferred something more traditional. In fact, he said, "Can you find a gourmet bread pudding recipe?" He grinned just saying it.

I laughed. "Isn't that an oxymoron? I mean, bread pudding is poor man's dessert. The thing that makes it gourmet for a poor man would be the raisins."

"Ew, no! Definitely no raisins."

So, I'm asking you fellow bloggers to help me out, please, on this one. I much prefer your recipes over scouring online. Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old Fashioned Bread Pudding

3 C. bread chunks or buttered whole slices of bread laid in the dish

2 C. milk, scalded with 1/4 C. butter

1/2 C. sugar

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1/4 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. nutmeg

Oven 350 degrees. Place crumbs or slices into 1.5 baking dish. Blend remaining ingredients. Place baking dish in pan of hot water (1" deep). Bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted 1" from edge comes out clean.

There ya go! I love bread pudding, but Josh doesn't, so I don't make it much.

Norma said...

I wrote a story a few years back about searching for a bread pudding recipe that tasted like my mother's. The two I've seen here look close. But I suspect I was just missing her.

Compliance Hong Kong said...

I cooked it at home once, it was not good. But I will try your recipe. I hope I will make good this time.

Compliance Hong Kong said...

I cooked it at home once, it was not good. But I will try your recipe. I hope I will make good this time.

Compliance Hong Kong said...

I cooked it at home once, it was not good. But I will try your recipe. I hope I will make good this time.

Compliance Hong Kong said...

I cooked it at home once, it was not good. But I will try your recipe. I hope I will make good this time.