Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mo and Tabletop Happiness

You met Flo in an earlier post. This is Flo's cousin Mo. When Sarah brought the two of them home, I had a hard time choosing which one would sit on the wreath, and which would sit in the little wicker chair next to the front door. So starting with the girl, I did the ole "Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Mo." Mo told me he's too manly to
sit in a ring of flowers anyway. He'd rather sprawl like a redneck in the chair with a cheekful of chew, but I said, "If you're gonna live at our house, you gotta live by our rules. Lose the chew."

Rather than go back to Michael's, he kicked his habit. Normally, they say, it takes 21 days to lose an old habit or form a new one. I'm so proud of him; he went cold turkey.

He hasn't given us any trouble yet, nor has Flo. If they do, I can beat the stuffing out of them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------














With scissors in hand, I chose petals and posies,
Made an arrangement, a new Zo Z's Cozies.
They're all from my yard, except for the fern,
In a rustic, retro teapot I picked up in Abingdern.

Tall zinnia on the left, petunias dressed in white,
Short mums in the front, butterfly bush for height.
Leaves of flowering plum I kept upon their twigs,
Such joy that I have harvested long after springtime digs!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

You are funny. I am loving your fall decorations. Okay I need to post some fall pics. It has been another busy week for me. I have some taken just need to load and size. But I really don't have much on the decorations to show...they are hidden under my mess. HEE HEE

Anonymous said...

Hey, this post had a picture of the flowers. Where'd it go? Argh!

Thanks, Bethany. I had to clear away other "creations" (read: created messes) from the table before I could photograph the flowers. Now where'd my picture go?

Zoanna said...

Ah, that's better.