Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Calling all Merciful People

As fires rage out of man's control in Southern California, we who stand afar off in safety have an opportunity to show mercy. I am in the process of finding a contact person to receive our "Katrina Kits." I still have a few of these handsewn fabric drawstring bags left.

What I need are sponsors, people to step up and say, "Yes, I'll give money for toiletries and shipping. Just say when." Well, if anyone reading this can put me in contact with a Christian in the SoCal region who you think would take the shipment and distribute it to anyone in need, let me know. This is a great time for the gospel to be shown. A few tubes of toothpaste, some deodorant, a washcloth, soap, nail clippers, hair scrunchies....yeh, it sounds small, but I have emails from back in Katrina days saying that it was a HUGE blessing.

Please let me know ASAP:
1) Can you give $10 per bag straight to me?
2) Can you give me the actual supplies ?
3) Can you put me in contact with a Sovereign Grace Chruch out there in need? Specifically a name of someone who is at a safe distance so that FedEx would deliver to their zip code?

2 comments:

A girl who sees said...

Zoanna,
What a great thing! I am always encouraged through your blog by your heart for others. I know Melanie Lippincott's parents are out there - she went to the San Diego Sovereign Grace Church. Maybe that would be a good contact?

Bethany said...

Zoanna, I have contact for all SOCAL pastors for you and a link to church forum. I will email you. I know so far nobody in SD church lost their homes but I am sure they can be helping their neighbors with those.