Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tweakin' the Blog

I realized my sidebar was getting incredibly cluttered with info, some in duplicate form. I am in the process of scaling back. Some changes I know how to do, I am just taking a little at a time. Some I don't know how to do and am not eager to learn because it so often frustrates me. I wish I were eager to learn about everything, given I am a teacher, but sometimes I have to force myself when it comes to technical things. When something I want to do on the computer doesn't work the first time, it's like getting a grain of sand in my eye that I can't find but am intensely annoyed about. . I admire people who pick up technical things really fast, but I'm not motivated enough to spend free time learning it.

For example, how do I keep all those categories somewhere for my own use where they won't show, but add a search box instead?

So, what I am going to do is eliminate the blog roll (where the links are underlined) and instead stick with a blog list which shows posts recently published. When I discover you've posted something new, I'll add you. Or if you leave me a comment to cheer me up, I'll add you:). The winter blahs are getting harder to fight.

Anyway, let me know if you're not on the blog roll and would like to be. Otherwise, I'll wait till I find a new post of yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zoanna, I love reading your blogs and have started following some that you enjoy. I hope that it will give me insight with my own writing. By the way, computers leave me boggled also. I am trying to figure out the whole tool or gadget thing for the blog site. I may have to call for back up! See ya in the columns! Terri

Unknown said...

I see you got your pens cornered. It is unique.
Love you,
Betty G