Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy 25th Anniversary, Barb and Boyd

A Poem for my Wonderful Friend and Her Husband



Can it really be that you've been married
For twenty-five years already--
Longer than you were single?
Now that's what I call "going steady"!

You've weathered many storms
On the road that is named Marriage
And you've brought two darling babies home
In a true blue baby carriage.

Boyd, you're the kind of man
who can fix most everything
From broken trykes to Harley bikes
And a troubled washing machine.

Barb, you're the kind of woman
Every avid hunter wants near
'Cuz not only can you shoot
But you can also gut a deer!

Boyd, you're the kind of man
Who shows up for work each day
And makes the old folks laugh a lot
While he's collecting hard-earned pay.

Barb, you're the kind of woman
Whom other women admire
You're compassionate and gentle
And for God you are on fire.

Kansas grows some good stuff--
The best are corn and wheat--
But far better than those combined
Are marriages that can't be beat.

The two of you make one good match
You're among the finest couples
I pray the next 25 years will find
You growing closer in your nuptials.




Happy anniversary, you guys. How blessed I am to witness the grace of God in your marriage through thick and thin. I've gotta say, though, it makes me feel really old when my friends have been married longer than we have. Oh, it's a good thing, but I'm just sayin'...

1 comment:

Terri said...

Happy Anniversary Barbie!
Love ya girlfriend!