Thursday, July 01, 2010

Purple in my Garden

As long as I live and have a garden,
there will be purple in it . -Me

Purple salvia in my mailbox garden. Guess I should've tidied it up a bit before taking pictures, but I decided it was either/or.

"Either" won.










My neighbor, Cindy, came over and offered
three of these hydrangea bushes to me last
summer. At the time, they had no blooms. She thought they bloomed purple,but wasn't sure. How delighted I was when they did!

They wouldn't bloom at all for her, but
I suspected it was that her garden is shadier,
and most perennials need full sun.

I adore the dianthus (Sweet Williams) around
the feet. Reminds me of a children's choir:
happy, wonderful to look at, but not exactly
orderly in their cluster.













Deep purple clematis. It is so heavy now, it's
hard to keep the trellis standing straight, legs buried.
But I love the bright star-shaped petals.
I really need to deal with the vines soon.
They need a good pruning. So do I.

My garden, as a matter of fact, is a fairly good
indicator of my emotional state at any given
time. 'Nuff said.












These pale purple pretties appeared
just after the crocuses. I'm not
sure their name. Can someone help?

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Aren't the nameless flowers Hyacinths? Love all the pretty purple!

zz said...

Danielle, they look like hyacinths in this picture, but they are taller and more feathery in real life. I might pull up another picture and take a closer look.