My parents have been married for 52 and 1/2 years, so I'm pretty sure that counts as being committed for the long haul. This next question that my father answered in his legacy book is a noble set of points to remember for anyone who wants to stay happily married.
Record your ideas here for what it takes for a husband and wife to maintain a healthy marriage.
1. Maintain a good sense of humor.
2. Consider first the needs of the other. In so doing yours are most apt to be met.
3 Be patient. Time cures a lot of ills.
4. Maintain sexual fidelity.
5. Live within your financial means.
6. Give each other time for non-mutual interests. Guys need time for guy things and ladies need time for lady things.