Monday, August 06, 2007

Quick Update

Thanks to everyone who's been praying for me. Here's an update:

1. My mom still doesn't have results. There are several tests that have to be reported on yet.


2. My root canal went fine. I got really worked up over nothing, especially that morning .I called so many people but all I got were answering machines except for my friend Barb in KS. The funny thing is, while waiting for her cell to connect , I got to listen to her music. The song? Lean on Me! Cracked me up. (Thought of Briana!) The other funny thing is what I read in psalms that morning, somewhere around Psalm 128. Remembering that I broke my tooth on an olive pit, and vowing to never eat one again unless I cut into 12 pieces first (cuz I DO love olives and don't want to give them up) here's what I read when I opened to my "scheduled" passage.

"And your children shall be like olive vines around your table..." It made me laugh, which did good like medicine.I said, "Lord, it's true, my children are a pain at times....but I still love them!"

Maybe God wanted to make me laugh, or maybe I am supposed to treat my children with more care. Or both. Either way, it was a perfectly funny thing to read the day of a scary root canal.

I have to go to my general dentist now for a permanent filling and crown. Still have soreness and a sharp edge on the lingual side, but nothing like what it was! Truly the hardest part of the visit was leaving--cuz I to shell over $427 on the way. Talk about the pits. (groan, groan)


3. I am on DAY 6 of my 5:25 HEALING!!!!!! It is nothing short of wonderful to be free of "that" issue!!!! I should elaborate in greater proportion than I begged for healing, but every woman reading this blog can imagine the list I could make of why it's great to be in this condition instead!!

4. Ben got the sexy car he wanted. (His friend Dan called it gorgeous, Allan called it "sick.") It's a 97 Audi A6 with quattro (meaning 4-wheel drive). The best part was that it was NOT the original car he put money down on, but a much better one--15,000 fewer miles, shiny black not green, working AC and sunroof, all around better. And the dealer was so understanding of the two hour trip we had made there twice, he simply wanted 500 more bucks for this car. Truth be told, PAUL loves to drive it. He has taken it to work twice in row.


We are not having an easy time finding a car for Sarah .Yesterday after church we went to VA again (where the good old cars for under 5K seem to be). Ran out of gas on southbound 95 while traffic just zoomed by. Thankfully we were in the fast lane so Paul putzed into the left shoulder hugging the jersey wall. Joel was a very good boy, happy to play with his Legos for an hour till the safety guy came w/ gas. The fuel gauge must be defective. It said we had 1/4 tank and Paul was gonna get more at the next exit.

Sarah enjoys long car rides, so going to VA or PA oer and over doesn't bother her a bit. She hasn't complained at all .

5.About the part time work.... I bumped into a friend, Kim C, at Target who told me she'd give me the number of a mutual friend who does private elder care for a LOT more than Home Instead pays. We'll see what becomes of that.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Hi Zo...

Glad to hear about Day 6!! (I can only imagine...ugh) Anyway, wanted to tell you I got Blue Like Jazz and started it this afternoon...

Zoanna said...

Jessi, that's great you started Blue. I had never heard of the author till Andrew (in Russia) mentioned him. Now I see there's a big article on him in Christianity Today. The article doesn't seem to make a point. I'm not sure what I should take away from it, but there is a lot of emphasis on "telling a better story." I have to finish the article and hope they mean "tell the story better" (ie practice telling your testimony in a way that best highlights Jesus, not your past). I hope he doesn't mean literally "tell a better story" becuase THERE is none. We all know that! How about we read along together to about page 60 and then discuss it? Anyone who wants to join, go ahead. I'll get back to you Friday, Jess, with 60 pages at least read. Can you do that?

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful about the car, your healing, root canal, etc.! Also, yes, you can make a lot more privately doing elder care. My mom makes about $20 an hour, but she's been doing it for a while. I wouldn't do it for less than $10 (did it for a while).

Vicki said...

Thanks for the update Zo. Glad to hear some praise reports. I have been busy turning a corner of my living room into a home office. I was just sick of my work taking over my entire living room. We will have to touch base before I leave for SF. I have a reminder to send a postcard :)

Jessi said...

Yeah, I think I can do 60 pages by Friday; sounds good! I've heard lots of good stuff about it, and several people say it really stretched them. I'm anxious to get into it; I've looked at a lot of 'emergent church' stuff (kinda like this) and have mixed feelings; see a lot of good, but feel they might push the line a bit too much... Should make for good discussion!