Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Small World

This made my day: I just sold one of Ben's old books on ebay. The customer's address? Havey Hall at Seton Hill in Greensburg, PA! I lived on 5th Admin (the fifth floor of the main bldg you see in the picture, but on the back side of it) and my good friend Theresa lived in Havey. We stayed close for years. I told the eBay customer I wish I'd noticed the mailing address before I sent the invoice; I'd have offered a Seton Hill discount. Boy, while I feel old at the thought that I started there 24 years ago--on my birthday, no less, I also feel young just remembering that beautiful campus and joie de vivre of freshman year. It hurt to leave my baby sister, but the
independence was something I craved and appreciated. I made some big moral mistakes there, which Jesus long since forgave and redeemed. (So much less mature in the Lord than my daughter at that age).I think if I'd not been so homesick, I would have graduated from Seton Hill, but glad the Lord brought me out of there. I had sown my wild oats and He was kind enough to guide me to rich, satisfying pasture. I met Paul upon returning to Maryland, and ...well, that's a post I think I've already written!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

That is cool...it is a small small world.

Jessi said...

That's really funny...and don't you think reminiscing can be so healthy...even looking back on our mistakes can give us such a refreshing reminder of God's grace.

I'm actually getting around to posting again on the Blue Like Jazz site; sorry, it's been crazy around here - I actually started school yesterday, so...well, you know how it goes. Anyway, is it easy enough for you if we just carry on the conversation through one post and then comments, or do you want to have access to post yourself...I think I need to send an invite to you and then you'd be able to...just let me know what's easiest.

Zoanna said...

Oh, it's easy enough to leave comments, but the "comment" could be post-al length coming from me. It's just the two of us, right? If there were more (or more join) it'd probably be better organized if someone would start a topic as a post.Whatcha think?

You started school already? Girl, are you nuts or are you bored? (Yeh, right, a bored mom in the summer.) I have resolved never to start before my birthday ever again. I used to and it bummed me out to "work" on that day when I always gave my kids the day off for their b'day!!!