Monday, January 21, 2008

Archaelogical Dig Going on Now

Over the weekend, I've been knee-deep in something akin to the ruins of the Aztec civilization.
Removed books one by one from bedroom bookcase.
Dusted each one off.
Found clippings from decorating magazines beneath one of the stacks.
Decided to part with a stash of new greeting cards I hadn't used despite promises to myself.
I found a journal from a previous century. Literally, my journal from 1999. I reread of my excitement as I looked forward to Y2K!
Converted the bookcase to a keeper of fabrics. It will get moved to the basement where I am redoing the office into a space more for scrapbooking than anything.
In so doing, I'm finding more goodies. Cassette tapes from worship conferences. Kiddie cassettes. We are never going to listen to them again, so out they went. I'm having a grand time imagining how our bedroom and the new hobby room will look. It feels good to dig and examine, to briefly enjoy mementos from bygone days, then chuck 'em in the trash or relocate them where I can appreciate them better.

This entire upcoming week you might not see me. If you do, I'll be covered in dust!

Tuesday: clear the desk and floor
Wednesday: give away all clothes that aren't a "9 or 10" in how they look and feel on me
Thursday: spend 1 hour organizing photos
Friday: scrapbook 4 pages: Thanksgiving and Joel's day on the snow
Saturday: figure out organizational solutions for hobby room; go shopping!
Sunday: rest and enjoy fruit of labors

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, you make it sound so simple!!!
You may find it isn't so easy!!!
I have been de-cluttering for months and still don't see the end of it.
Tapes and that sort of thing, I haven't even begun!! I have to listen to each one to decide.
I want to get back to scrapbooking but I have other junk yet to go through, and that is the priority.
So, I wish you better timing and faster tossing!!
Betty G