Friday, January 11, 2008

Found a Place to Post my Life's (REALLY) Little Accomplishments

Maybe I'm just too important to myself.
Maybe I think I might inspire someone.
Maybe I want a compliment or someone to just notice.
Maybe I believe I need a place to mention the seemingly insignificant things of my life such as:
-cleaning out and organizing the space under the bathroom sink
-using cloth napkins for a change, when we're just having meatloaf
- matching up a dozen pairs of socks that needed a sock version of e-Harmony
-showing a throw pillow I made or
-taking a mayo jar full of rolled coins to the bank

Petty stuff that gives me (and sometimes my family) an emotional lift. Something that makes home homier. Makes a burden lighter or a plain space pretty. Sometimes I wonder if I make too big deal about small things. But then, there aren't a whole lot of big things in my life on a daily basis. I love to see the little things that other people do, but not sure if it's mutual. My husband and boys think it's just so girly to mention some of the things I do, like how a nice table settig floats my boat, or finishing a scrapbook page makes me want to announce it to complete strangers.

Well, I found a site that seems to care about the little things we homemakers find noteworthy, if only to ourselves. Not surprisingly, I found it on Beth's blog. The blog is called Home Sanctuary. I think I'll like being a Company Girl. Not only is it a place where you can check off things you've done (that won't grab Donald Trump or Donald Duck's attention) you can actually get points and maybe win prizes! I'm all over prizes like syrup on pancakes.

2 comments:

Amy said...

that looks so fun! I'm all over it too!

Bethany said...

That site is cool...thanks for sharing. I just did a marathon cleaning this weekend....all the regular Sat cleaning stuff (that I can't do much of in the week because if school and the baby) plus I hit the playroom and the dreaded under the bathroom sink. I threw out so much stuff and have a stack at the door for the Salvation Army. But normally I don't think I would be winning prize points. It is usually quite a mess here.