Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm So Sad and I Didn't Even Know Her

I popped over to my dear friend Isabelle's blog. Some of you remember she organized an international (but mostly French) circle of seamstresses to sew up Katrina Kits with me back in 05.

Well, I just read her blog (where she posts her lovely embroidery) and she announced the death of a mutual blogger friend, Renee.

Renee'. I didn't even know her except through her very sweet and uplifting comments on my blog. She taught me little things, and I especially appeciated her lesson about myrrh. She embroidered with a passion for Christ. Her works were portrayals of the life of Christ, and when she blogged, biligually, Renee always imparted the gospel. This woman raised many children, not all her biological ones and has a real heart for the poor and needy. I was curious that she found my piddly little life so fascinating, the way we do things here that are different for her in France.

She hand't commented for quite a while, nor had I visited her blog recently, so I was shocked to hear the news on Isabelle's blog. (KittyCouture). She had been in the hospital since before Christmas with lung trouble, according to the last post her daughter wrote for her. She would be undergoing a risky surgery on Jan 17th.

Oh, I am crying over this loss. This is the first time I've ever lost a blogging friend. Though I didn't know her personally, she left an impression on my heart. All I can say is, I am sorry that her family has lost such a dear mum. She is rejoicing in God's arms now.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh she commented on mine a few times and I checked hers out too. So sad. It is sad hearing about death period. I will be praying for her family.

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear this. I remember seeing her comments on your blog.

Sacha said...

She also commented on mine, especially when we were working towards Russia the first time! She was always so encouraging. I am deeply saddened by the loss! But I praise God, because I know that is what she is doing right now before the throne! : )

Anonymous said...

Man, she was such a sweet lady...

Leanne said...

What a blessing to know she is with the Lord now, even as we mourn on this earth.

Anonymous said...

I was touched by your reaction at Renée's death!
I will just tell you the little I know...I had a letter and a gift in the postfrom her just before she went back into hospital. Renée had a very bad heart condition and had already passed the summer in hospital. She came home and had to go back in hospital. they planned to do surgery but it was so risquy, they decided to leave her for christmas at home with her family. and do the surgery on the 17th of January.She was rushed back into hospital 10 days before christmas and died on the 2nd of january of lung complications. (I still can't believe she is gone!!!)
She knew she could die during the surgery so I thought it was one big stress that was gone.
She was a fantastic person!We will miss her!

Lylah Ledner said...

Dear Zoanna ~ I wanted to come visit your place to thank you for visiting my lylah blog ~ and only to see what a ministry you have. I'd like to add my own sense of sadness in the loss of your friend. serving Him with you ~ lylah