Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year, Everyone!

So far this day has just been great:
Started out by sleeping in.
Then I went to the grocery store with a good attitude. (That in itself is an act of God.)
I came home and made French toast, bacon, fruit salad (strawberries and canned peaches) and coffee.
Stephen and Eric emerged just about the time I was into my third bite of French toast, but I got up and fixed them some, too. With a good attitude. Yay for God again!
Then Stephen, Eric, Paul, and I played Taboo together. What a fun game. It's one of the few Paul actually enjoys playing, and we seem to beat anyone else we play!
Afterward, Paul the Perennial Listmaker presented us with his 20-item list. I knew it was coming. It wouldn't be New Year's Day without it.
He and Stephen set into the basement, pulling out couches from the wall to vacuum behind. Ben is ...I don't know....making plans to go skiing tomorrow and taking care of odd jobs per parental bidding.
I went headlong into putting away all the wrapping paper from Christmas.
Next I hit the linen closet project--cleaning it out and reorganizing, long overdue. (How many ACE bandages does one family need at any given time? And those little hotel shampoo bottles; are they on fertility drugs?)
I may even post pictures of the successful show when I'm done. I was inspired by a blog, www. declutterit.com.
Right now I need to call Barb back. What a fun way to be interrupted during a major task!
I'm enjoying it while I can. Tomorrow school starts again.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh I need to organize so bad. I did get all the Christmas down today....and I went to THE parade this morning. FUN FUN. I am dreading school tomorrow...I feel like an 8 year old. HA HA.

I am going to have to check out the blog you are talking about. I just heard about a good book called "One year to an organized life" she breaks it down week by week.

Happy New Year!!!!

Briana Almengor said...

I had to laugh at "Paul, the perpetual list maker" as LA and I both are list makers....mine normally on paper and his on the computer. :) I think our hotel shampoo bottles are on fertility drugs, too! :)
Glad you enjoyed the first day of the year!

Anonymous said...

Oh, well one thing I forgot to write is that, after breakfast, I sat down and opened my new journal and made a list of 26 topics I would like to study for 2 weeks each this year. I'm a list maker, too, but his are almost always--I'm talking 99%--work oriented.