Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook, 4.10.10

A Simple Woman's Daybook
provides my writing prompt today.

Outside my window...evening in the upper 50's, air filled with a pollen count so high
I would be foolish to sit outside.

I am thinking... it's been a lovely spring break, which ends tomorrow night. I've been able to clean out a lot of junk from the garage, keep laundry up, have friends over to help me spring clean some of my first level of the house, sleep in, enjoy a whole day with Paul on Wednesday when he took off work to work around here.

I am thankful for... one of my Ben's friends, Jeff, who has come home on leave for 18 days and has agreed to speak to my class this week. I love to take every opportunity I can to thank a soldier.

I am wearing...a purple polo, tan jeans, and ankle socks.

I am remembering...how cute Joel looked this morning when they put shoulder pads on him at football registration this morning. He wants to be a wide receiver. Ben told him last night, "But all the girls think you're the man if you're the quarterback." He said, "I don't care. I'm the man anyway!"

I am going... to plan the next two weeks of school tonight, refusing to think that it's the last quarter of the last year of our tiny Christian school's existence.

I am currently reading...Organizing for Life; Hitler's Niece; inspiring garden books

I am hoping... to rejoin Weight Watchers this week.

On my mind... the way my Sarah, while working on a presentation for an education class, said to me, "Mom, I might need your help with this grammar crap."
I replied, "Okay, but first you must apologize for using the word "grammar" to modify "crap."

Noticing that...hardly anyone comments unless I come right out and ask. What's up with that?

Pondering these words... "[Christ's] resurrection is just a metaphor, people." --said by an unbelieving family member in a recent email. My husband is pondering a reply.

From the kitchen is the swoosh, splash, and hum of a beloved dishwasher. I prefer to keep the kitchen closed now, but someone with silver hair has requested brownies. Small request considering he oiled all the squeaky doors, folded a lot of laundry, cut Joel's hair, made shrimp scampi last night, and is generally a really swell guy.

Around the house... less doghair, fewer cobwebs, a newly spray-painted table lamp base, and
a reorganized pantry. But a lot of laundry to be put away, and an upstairs that needs attention.

One of my favorite things...listening to a child read with expression.

From my picture journal...


3 comments:

Laurie said...

"Grammar crap"! How hilarious is that! You used this as a teaching moment! Way to go!
On blog comments...
I imagine hearing crickets chirp into a black night as I post on my blog... Then I remember the question my husband has asked, "Aren't you blogging because you enjoy it?" Then I answer, "Yes, I do enjoy it, but it's nice to know someone else reads my ramblings, I could just write in a private journal." I ask, "I mean have YOU even read my blog lately?"
He stammers and my point is made.
I'm thinking some have just not been bitten by the blog bug like I have and that's okay. (I don't get it, but it's okay...)
Keep writing Zoanna. The crickets and I enjoy it! (Of course there are probably non-commenters who read also, but then again I could be like Mike and ask the question, Aren't you blogging because you enjoy it?"

I love shrimp scampi from Red Lobster. Homemade must be a treat!

Laurie said...

And in my husband's defense...
He says "Now wait, you know I read over your shoulder sometimes, but a lot of times I don't read because you don't start writing 'til 10 o'clock and don't come to bed 'til 1." Some nights that is too true, but I certainly can't keep up that pace more than once in a while. Mornings are brutal if I do!

Amy said...

lack of commenting on my part = laziness. I think I've been commenting on blogs less and less, even though I know how much I enjoy getting comments myself. hmm.