Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sunday Stealing

It's not Sunday yet, so the title is a bit of a misnomer. But this is a meme I found and thought I'd like to do.

1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?

I think you need to be pretty darn righteous to wear them. It's kind of like putting a fish bumper sticker on your car. You're setting yourself up.

2. What is your favorite pizza?
I'm pretty easy to please. I can go for simple cheese, or you can load it up. I prefer lots of veggies rather than meat on pizza. Not a pepperoni fan.

3. What prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could? I would want the kitchen table that the Waltons used. Every time I watched the show, I imagined myself growing up to have so many kids that we'd need a 12-person table for dinner every night.


4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
Maryland is for crabs.

5. What is your current favorite snack?
Ice cream sandwiches.

6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor
Biggest Loser. The answer to #5 should have tipped you off.

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior? At the moment a 6.
I still haven't vacuumed since unloading a lot of styrofoam bricks that I was going to use for the Good Friday service props until the whole project got scaled way back. My school bag is also in my vehicle since I didn't want it to get rained on when the deluge hit as I parked in the driveway on Friday afternoon. Truth is, I really didn't want to carry the bag in and probably wouldn't have even if the sun was shining.

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
I see daffodils in bloom and remember my favorite spring of all: March 21, 1988 when my first child was born.

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
Sorry ,but I haven't had a good laugh in a while.

10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
Sounds petty, but I'm trying to grow my hair all one length so that I have more options for a new style. I would love to have a 1940's wavy bob.

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
I've been journaling the words of Jesus from the book of Mark. Today I read 3:3, where he told a man with a withered hand: "Step forward. " The first step toward Jesus was this man's first step toward healing. It has made me think that anytime I have been healed, whether physically, emotionally, relationally, or otherwise, it happened when I stepped forward toward Jesus--not to doctors, counselors, exercise, books, or anything else.

12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
From youngest to oldest: snuggling; spiritual talks; taking a country drive; backrub.


1 comment:

Laurie said...

Fun stuff!
Blessings on your day!