Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Better than a Paycheck Could Ever Be

After school today, one of my students came up to my desk and said sincerely, "Mrs. Zubrowski, I just want you to know that I'm doing pretty good in grammar now." (I smile at the irony.) "I never understood it before. I've never been good at it till this year. As a matter of fact, I've been praying for a good grammar teacher since kindergarten, and finally got one."

I wanted to hug him and cry. I looked him in the eyes and said, "It makes me happy to hear that, and I'm so glad you understand grammar better. Thank you for saying that to me."

"Oh, I'm not just saying it," he added. "It's true!"


-----------------------
for Tuesdays Unwrapped-----------------------------------

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Aw, that is just soooo cute! And he's been praying for you since kindergarten!