Thursday, October 22, 2009

If I Were the Teacher for a Day

Last week I gave my fifth and sixth graders a choice of three writing prompts. They had 15 minutes for this creative assignment. One of the topics was "If I Were the Teacher for a Day." Thought you'd enjoy what one boy wrote. Here's the rough draft.

If I were the teacher for a day the students would have 30 seconds of work. Then we would have recess all day. The students would be able to play tackle football. When they get dismissed I would take them all to Mcdonald's to eat. I would have no rules and nobody would go to the principals office. If anybody hurts somebody, I would make them sit out of recess for 10 seconds.




====
I made minor corrections on his paper, and wrote, "Where is the wisdom in your fantasy? :) "


1 comment:

Laurie said...

Written in the wisdom of a 5th or 6th grader who may not realize yet that recess is sweeter and most satisfying if it's book-ended by valuable good work!
McDonald's
Recess
Tackle Football
Speedy and just punishments
These sound fine until we read "no rules"! Uh oh!