Saturday, October 17, 2009

Daybook Post Tonight, 10.17.09

My Simple Woman's Daybook entry, AKA my Saturday evening post.

Outside my window...

it's raining, cold, and dark.

I am thinking...
about how much I appreciate the way my children befriend people. Ben invited guy from UB (Univ. of Balt) over to study this afternoon. The guy had a minor but scary car accident on the way here. He's fine now, and I invited him to stay for dinner. He said "yes" and seemed to enjoy the steak and potatoes. He is a very polite young man.

I am thankful for...
my warm home.

From the kitchen...
lingers the aroma of garlic and fresh baked bread.

I am wearing...
purple sweatpants and a purple Polo. It's my best impression of Barney.

I am creating...
less cluttered space. Today I tackled the biggest eyesore of them all--the bookcase in my kitchen. After all that bending, stretching, and cleaning, "I sore!" but happy in this feeling of serenity and accomplishment.

I am going...
to apply a heating pad to my achey-breaky back.

I am reading...
too many Facebook posts. I knew I'd be a sucker for that social network.

I am hoping...
to get my sister and mom to help me throw a party for my dad's 75th birthday next month.

I am hearing...
from the Lord that I need to open my eyes to the needs of others more often.

Around the house...
are myriad candles burning. Vanilla in the bathroom, snickerdoodle in the kitchen. I guess two doesn't constitute a myriad, huh?

One of my favorite things...
is having impromptu dinner guests like we did tonight.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Do I have to answer that? I'm all planned out, thank you very much.


A picture thought I am sharing... This is a picture I took last year in late October through my bedroom window. It's a scene I look forward to waking up to again in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Lemme just say, "You're funny, sensitive, caring, giving and thoughtful!"
Blessings!

zo said...

Why, thanks. Right back atcha!