Updates are in green:
It's that time again. I like to make a list at the beginning of summer break to take advantage of the long days and larger chunks of time. I really don't want to waste it. Therefore, here is my list of goals in several areas. In faith, I will look back on this list in about 12 weeks to see the accomplishments and fruit.
1. Finish current Bible study, Believing God, by Beth Moore. Still going strong. Hope to share soon some of the best nuggets.
2. Start a group of prayer walkers (or go it alone) one evening a week for at least 8 weeks-- Walked twice alone, twice with friends, skipped this last week due to hip pain
3. Lose 2 pounds a week on average Was holding my average for 7 weeks, then have had setbacks.
4. Get new glasses, new hairdo Accomplished, though I have yet for anyone to notice either one. I guess I should've gotten a butch haircut or colored it red or gold or tried dreadlocks. Maybe next time red dreads?
5. Plan an exciting school year (world history, geog, grammar, writing, and art) Art and social studies plans are started
6. Read a missionary biography no
7. Host missionaries Andrey and Valeria from Birobidzhan yes, pictures coming
8. Meet Sarah's host family in PA maybe next weekend?
9. Paint the basement (er--watch Paul ) no
10 Redecorate little bathroom painting is done except trim; also done: fixtures, new vanity, sink, faucet, accessories bought, no art up yet
11. Reorganize my office hahahahaahhaha
12. Declutter all kitchen cabinets some are done
13. Keep up with the veggie and flower gardens and enjoy their bounty Does keeping up mean noticing the steady growth....of weeds? Thankfully God has proviced a healthy mix of sun and rain. He doesn't like to weed any more than I do, apparently.
Service/Outreach: praying about this I'm fighting fear in this area because I think it may hit close to home.
Learn to tie his shoes not yet
Read 100 books 54 so far
Play with a friend at least once a week I think so
Spend time with Pappaw and Ima every week no, they've had house guests...seems all they can handle
Lose his first tooth lost TWO
Visit Sarah not yet, but glad she visited us!
Play tennis with Dad and me not yet
Go to Sandy Cove 5 times a month . (Um, maybe 5x/whole summer, honey.) nope
What about you? Got summer goals? Updates?