Thursday, July 02, 2009

Centsible Elegance: A Consignment Shop

I found the best consignment shop today. It's called Centsible Elegance. Oh my goodness, what a fun place to shop. If my sister Jill had not told me about it , I would never have gone that way to discover it on my own. But as it happened, I was painting at her new house yesterday, and then cleaning kitchen cabinets, and together we were installing shelf liners. (Her big move is tomorrow.) She commented that she saw a great plate rack that she would love to display on her counter for everyday plates, but didn't let herself splurge on it. I tried to be nonchalant about asking her where, and thankfully she gave me perfect directions. So I tucked the information into my brain and set out today in hopes of surprising her with it as a housewarming gift.

Well, Centsible Elegance is practically on the corner of Rts 543 and 136. Located in an old two-story house close to the road, the little shop is brimming with treasures. Kitchenware, Mary Kay cosmetics, clocks, jewelry, handbags, books, shoes, clothes, linens, figurines--all in beautiful, well-organized displays. I came away with two pairs of earrings, a necklace, some strappy colorful sandals, an elegant set of three smoky grey candlesticks, and the plate rack. I should've sent someone else for the plate rack because I fell in love with the shop. The prices are really good. Better than reasonable. The candlestick set was only 12.99 and they are heavy glass. The necklace was 3.99, earrings 2.00 and 4.00, shoes 8.00. And the owners are very friendly and helpful. The lady carried two of my bags to the car for me and I assured her I would become a regular, but that I would not bring my purse in! A ten dollar bill, maybe, but that's it.

Check it out. If you like the feeling of an upscale yard sale indoors, go to Centsible Elegance. And tell her I sent you, the lady with the name that starts with Z who came in for a plate rack and went out with a closet.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

What a great name for a consignment shop!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Zo, I'm tickled green with my plate rack. Thank you SOOO much. You were very sly, and as ALWAYS, so thoughtful!