Back in December I made a bucket list for 2011. I'm thinking it's time I check in and maybe check offat least 3 things. Let's see here...
1. Have a regular game night every month with my friends. I need more fun in my life.
Played Battle of the Sexes with my kids and their significant others. Fun. Haven't gotten w/ my friends yet.
2. Redecorate the living room. The sofa and chair are very comfy but quite outdated and too big for the space. Nope. Same old, same old. And it's really starting to bug me.
3 Memorize Romans 5 or 8 . Haven't decided for sure. Still decidin'...
4. Lose 46 pounds before I'm 46 (late August). Just fuhgettabowdit. Maybe 30.
5. Do a 5K run/walk for a good cause. See #4 for the good cause.
6. Visit my sister Rachel in TX. DONE! Happened Dec 28-Jan 3.
7. Visit my sister Andrea in AZ. hoping...
8. Celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary (next December) in Europe. (A girl can dream, can't she?) Really depends on finances.
10. Do something special for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary (October). Being discussed amongst us girls.
11. Take an art class at the community college. (Preferably painting.) Itching to do this.
12. Have necessary surgery and recover quickly from it. Had surgery. Recovery is still ongoing. I am discouraged daily because I don't think it was a success.
13. Learn to play our hammered dulcimer. I aspire to play like the late Rich Mullins. I would start with "Jesus Loves Me" and, if I mastered that, aspire to play the music to the song "Creed,"as heard in the background of this video. Kind of lost motivation
14. Get professional counseling and be finally free of longstanding issues in my life. Need to concentrate on physical wellness at the moment. One thing at a time.
15. Support my friend Bonnie in Zambia in myriad ways--prayer, money, cards, care packages, etc. DOING THIS. A care package from a bunch of us will go to Africa in early March with the fellow in charge.
16. Make one new dish from a different culture each month, including the beef stew as seen in the movie Julie & Julia. I think I made something in January. Not sure. Tonight I made a new Italian dish from Rachael Ray's Express Lane Meals. Pasta w/ Broccoli & Sausage with a Ricotta Surprise. (pg. 80. Everyone liked it.)
17. Help Ben move out, per his desire to have a place of his own after college graduation.
18. Remodel the master bathroom. The mold will drive Paul either to Lowe's or the hospital.
19. Visit the Brownes in NH.
20. Sponsor another child.
21. Read at least 13 books in various genres. Slow going. I need to give up Facebook or blogging for a while, and get serious about real reading.