Friday, February 11, 2011

Chicken Rice Soup Rice with Peas

Normally my family doesn't like rice too much, except with Chinese food. But I get tired of pasta and potatoes, so I sort of created this side dish of rice last night. Thankfully it was a hit. Paul asked where I got the recipe, and when I said "my head," he nodded and said, "Good." Wow! Did he actually not rib me about not using a recipe? I never get tired of compliments. They motivate me to keep up the good work.

The recipe:

1 can Great Value chicken & rice soup, condensed
1 cup instant rice
1 cup boiling water (use kettle, it's quicker and makes no extra dirty dish)
1 -2 handfuls of frozen peas

Heat soup and peas in a small pot (on medium). Boil water in tea kettle. Dump raw instant rice into serving bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Let it stand 5 mins. Pour soup mixture into it. Stir and serve.

No comments: