Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Hodgepodge as if Hubby were Here. HaHa!

Opposites attract, as we all know, and so you can probably guess how many words my hubby uses in a day compared to how many I use. For every thimble that he could fill with words, I could fill a well. So I thought it'd be a fun (or more aptly, painstaking) thing for me to practice answering a Hodgepodge as if I were him. Actually, I've already messed up because he wouldn't preface the Hodgepodge, and he wouldn't try to be alliterative in his title ,and he certainly would never say "haha" or use exclamation points.

Ready? Mind you, I am speaking for him. (Yes, I'm talented that way. I told you I could fill a well. ) For this post, I didn't take dictation or even interview him. I'm imagining what he would say. This is simply an exercise in brevity, which for me is like any other exercise: difficult.

1. Of all the tools and gadgets you own, which do you most enjoy using?

(thinking a while about his vast array of power tools, hand tools, kitchen gadgets, and electronic tools) ...My tablet.

2. When (if ever) is impatience a virtue?


It's not a virtue, but it helps me get from point A to point B faster. Gets the job done.

3. What temperature do you keep your thermostat set to in winter? Do you have another way to heat your house besides a furnace of some type?

If people around here wouldn't go changing it...68.
Nope.



4. Do/did you have a close relationship with any of your grandparents?

Mmhh. Yeah. We were down the shore all the time, every summer, at Nanny and Poppy's, fishing. Poppy always said, "In or out. Shut the G#$ d#%@ door!"



5. When did you last have a family portrait taken?

At Zo's parents' anniversary thing...party...whatever... the other day. It wasn't MY idea. It's kind of a big deal to her mom, though, so...


6. What does the word patriotism mean to you?

I dunno. How many more questions are there? I got stuff to do.

7. Do you like to play cards and if so, what's your favorite card game?

Solitaire on my tablet.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Why is every light in the house on, again?

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Ha-that was fun!

Laurie said...

Great exercise! Aren't you glad you have a brevity helper! ;) Love it!!!

Carrie B said...

Loved it!