Thursday, November 24, 2011

This was Thanksgiving 2011

The day started well despite what the night before had dumped.

I knew it would be a good day when the first kitchen towel I pulled out actually matched the day of the week. My Grandma Mayme embroidered this set that reminds me of the tune, "This is the way we wash our clothes, wash our clothes, wash our clothes....so early Monday morning," and so on. I just love how cheerful they are. And how they help bring gratitude for the precious thing of memory.
Grateful for our senses of sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing that work magic on this day and every day. Thankful for all the food, the joy of cooking, pretty dishes, and a table full of people I love, who are pictured here, getting down to the serious business of eating.




The tired host and happy hostess.

I asked my dad to scrunch close to my mom for the picture. Here he is asking, "Like this?"

Sarah just wanted to go to sleep after eating. I begged her to just please let me get a picture of your beautiful eyes. I'm such a pest.


Let sleeping babies lie.

Caught my brother-in-law watching figure skating between football games. Doesn't he look thrilled?

A game of Mexican Dominoes, fun for all ages.


Pappaw, Ima, and the grandkids who were here. We missed Ben this year, the first one where I didn't have all my little birdies in the nest for Thanksgiving. But he was with his lovely fiancee' and I'm just going to have to get used to sharing my kids on the holidays.



With my sister Jill.


Football was more than a game between teams, but between brothers coaching two NFL teams.
John Harbaugh (Ravens) vs. Jim Harbaugh (49ers). We won! Ravens rule!! The Harbaugh parents' 50th wedding annivcrsary is tomorrow ,but they were at the game here in Baltimore to cheer both of their sons. I'm glad I wasn't in their shoes.


Our super-active dog who was ignored all day, but enjoyed the beautiful weather, was finally ready for play time indoors when everyone was gone. He was hoping I'd take the hint.


And I did, while watching the Ravens and Facebooking. Call me a multi-tasker extraordinaire.
Thanks be to God, the Giver of all good things. 'Twas a happy Thanksgiving Day for me.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I love seeing these pics of your family enjoying the holiday. And I super duper love the hand towel!!!!

Laurie said...

Praise God for all His blessings! (You look so comfy and relaxed!) Thanks be to God!