Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How Do You Spell Two-thirds of a Pun?

As I said on my Facebook, I am thankful today for ambulation. That's the ability to walk. Today is 70 degrees and sunny, so I "ambled with elation" up hill and down, admiring the variety of leaves on the ground.

Then it started.

One pun after another in my head that seemed to have no "stop" button in sight. Their roots go deep.

Acorny j'oak that no one would laugh at. (Maybe the dog wood.) After all, it was just one elmentary thought after another in the same vein. I should give as much thought to sprucing up the house.

However, I maple something funny out of the laugh drawer one of these days. For now, I pine away over how out of shape my limbs have become. I needle lot of exercise because I'm cedarously out of shape. Junk in my trunk from sitting around being sappy over yesteryear.

I'll make like a tree and leave now. I don't want to make you sycamore than you already are from having red thus fir. You can bark at me in the comment box if you want.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You're a (chest)nut - it's why I love you! :)

Laurie said...

Oaky Dokey! I’m so glad you had a nice walk and punacious time! Thank Yew for Linden us your Plum silly fun! Olive you!